[PARPORT] New to list

From: Greg Fundyler (gyf@softhome.net)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 00:10:31 EDT

    Hi. I am new to this list. I am running Red Hat 6.2. I have an Avatar
    Shark drive. I know how to access it, but it only works when I'm logged
    on as root. When I try to mount from a different name, it says that only
    root can mount. If it is already mounted and I try to write to a disk,
    it says "Permission denied." I don't really want to compile it into the
    kernel, at least not yet. I put the insmod commands in the rc.sysinit
    file located in /etc. It loads:

    insmod parport
    insmod paride
    insmod epat
    insmod pd

    Then if pd gives an error, it removes the modules because usually the
    error means the drive is not connected.

    Can someone help me with the permission problem? And to get an icon with
    mount, unmount, and eject functions. Thanks in advance...

    - Greg