Re: [PARPORT] Re: 4008a pci parallel port controller

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 05:11:56 EDT

    On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 04:03:22PM -0700, Jason Cumiskey wrote:

    > Strange since when I tried it with insmod, Linux completely crashed.

    (This isn't so strange; specifying the base I/O address on the command
    line is saying "I think there is an onboard port at this adderss", and
    so it will probe base+0x400 as well.)

    > I suppose this might be getting off topic but there seems to be a
    > quite a difference between compiling drivers with the kernel and

    I can't think why that would be. Can you send me the dmesg output
    for:

    - booting kernel with parport_pc compiled in
    - booting kernel without parport_pc compiled in but after parport_pc
      is loaded

    Thanks,