[PARPORT] ppdev newbie question

From: Ramon Donnell (ray@nronline.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 02:56:02 EDT

    I'm very much a newbie when its comes to linux.

    I need to use the parallel port to talk to a custom EPP device, its
    pretty dumb and only uses the wait line on strobe.
    From looking around it seem I need ppdev.

    i have patch-2.2.13-ppdev4, is this the latest and how do I apply the
    patch so I can use it?

    I've already tried insmod parport and parport_pc, but when I cat >
    /dev/parport0 or use open(2) I get "No Such Device" error.

    thanx
    -ray