[PARPORT]Mandrake 7.1 and Backpack CD-RW

From: Walt Nickels (wnickels@lucent.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 16:44:35 EDT

    I have just purchased a Backpack CD-RW, and I have tried both modular and
    inside the kernel methods to access it. Neither way allows me to. I can't
    get the kernel method to find it on Autoprobe, and when trying the "insmod"
    method, I am successful at getting paride and bpck.o in, but neither pcd.o
    nor pg.o work. Any clues would be VERY welcome.

    Nick
    Network Systems Consultant
    MCSE, CCNA, CCSA/CCSE
    Lucent Technologies/NPS