[PARPORT] parallel port network adapter install

From: Brian M Preston (dmaul683@juno.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 21:37:26 EDT

    Hello, my name is Brian, and no applause please, I JUST installed Linux-
    Mandrake 7.0 and have a standard NIC installed in an ISA slot... I have
    a friend with a Compaq Contura 4/25 with 20 megs ram and a 120 Meg HD
    with parallel port pocket NIC, and we were wondering first if you could
    tell us how to build a boot disk to see the other linux machine via the
    NIC and also how to install Linux... One of the major problems we have
    run into is that the Linux kernel currently installed onto the desktop
    machine that is going to be used as the install server, has a kernel
    compiled for a processor witha math coprocessor. It sees his chip but
    since it doesn't have a math coprocessor, it "Complains"

    Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated...,

    Brian, (dmaul683)