Re: [PARPORT] problem with external cdr

From: jjore@imation.com
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 15:28:49 EDT

    I seem to recall there were problems with recent development kernels and
    cd burning. I don't suppose you are using the 2.4.0-test series?

    "S.Thiyaga rajan" <tyahaa@yahoo.com>
    Sent by: owner-linux-parport@gear.torque.net
    10/20/00 03:15 AM

            To: linux-parport@torque.net
            cc:
            Subject: [PARPORT] problem with external cdr

    I have a parallel port HP+7100 CD-RW
    I could configure it thro insmod's.
    But it writes only upto 500MB and upto the full
    capacity of 650MB. after 500MB the media becomes
    unusable. Even the dummy tests show that it could not
    burn more than 500MB. what could be the reason.

    I downloaded the xcdroast program GUI but it is not
    able to detect the parallel port devices. what to do
    to configure it with xcdroast.
    the ftp site gnometoaster.rulez.org is not opening at
    all. is there any prob with the site
    S. Thiyagarajan