Re: [PARPORT] Zip (ppa) detection with ECP/EPP Bios settings

From: Dr. Peter Cherriman (pjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 11:46:15 EST

    > Well, but "modprobe ppa" failed as long as ECP/EPP was set in the
    > BIOS...

    Have you tried the latest 2.2.18pre22 kernel, It has as my patch that got the driver to work with my new (but slow) hardware and my old zip100 drive.

    However another user has reported that the patch gives him SCSI errors after a long period of inactivity, which we have fixed, but don't yet understand. The SCSI error don't cause disk corruption, just lots of output in the logs.

    --
    Dr. Peter Cherriman