Re: [PARPORT] ppSCSI-modules and the Sane-faq

From: Joerg Schilling (schilling@fokus.gmd.de)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 12:30:36 EST

    >From: Marcel Pol <mpol@gmx.net>

    >On 28-Nov-00 Tim Waugh wrote:
    >> On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 12:10:38AM +0100, Marcel Pol wrote:
    >>> There are a few questions i have though.
    >>> ftp://people.redhat.com/twaugh/patches/patch-cvs-tmw.gz
    >>> I could not get to that link, the connection timed out.
    >>
    >> Hmm. It works from here. Try:
    >> <URL:http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/ftp/patches/patch-cvs-tmw.gz>

    >Thanks, that worked.
    >
    >> It's actually a snapshot of the difference between a recent 2.4
    >> tree and my CVS tree. It happens to include ppscsi.

    I am not sure if I understand this correctly:

    Will this driver allow to send general SCSI commands?

    Is there a 3rd specific driver interface or will I not be forced
    to add a new transport interface to libscg?

    Does it make sense at all (e.g. will it work to use the old
    SCSI based PP HP CD-writers)?

    Jörg

           js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni) If you don't have iso-8859-1
           schilling@fokus.gmd.de (work) chars I am J"org Schilling