[PARPORT] Re: ANYONE out there using the BJC-80 scanner module with RH6.2????

From: Laurence John Oliver (joliver@iinet.net.au)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 10:20:45 EST

    Hey all,

    I'm one of those guys who is sick and tired using up half the laptop
    hard disk with windoze when its only needed for a few things - if these
    could be sorted out I could remove the windoze partition forever and get
    back some valuable space on the laptop's rather old 4 gig drive...

    I've got a Tosh laptop running Red Hat 6.2 (2.2.16-3) - the printer
    (Canon BJC-80) works fine - BUT I really need to get the scanner module
    working as a parallel port scanner under linux - has anyone out there
    had any success with this/managed to do this already?

    THIS is the final 'pain in the butt' problem I've got to solve before I
    can actually remove windoze forever - any/all help/info/suggestions
    would be gratefully accepted:-)

    John Oliver.