Re: [PARPORT] PATCH: parport MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE proposal for modutils and kernel v1.0

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 18:45:58 EST

    On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 08:47:46 -0800,
    "Adam J. Richter" <adam@yggdrasil.com> wrote:
    > fprintf(parptmap, "# module pattern.\n");
    >
    > Keith, can you change your modutils to reflect this last
    >change?

    Done, modutils 2.3.23 has just been released. BTW, handling char *
    pointers for module tables was a bit messier than expected. It gets
    interesting when depmod is compiled in 32 bit mode but the kernel and
    modules have 64 bit pointers. I had to add a couple of new functions
    to map object addresses to native pointers and vice versa.