Re: [PARPORT] Difference between PPNEGOT and PPSETMODE?

From: John O'Connor (joconnor@orga.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 12:12:02 EST

    > Also, we're very confused by the failure of NEGOT because we are using real
    > IEEE1284 ports that are claimed to support EPP and ECP. Even Parport tells
    > so in the file /proc/parport/parport0/hardware (in Slakware) or in
    > /proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/hardware (in RedHat).

    Failure to negotiate can indicate a problem with your peripheral and not the port.

    The negotiation uses some cycles on the bus between the PC and the peripheral that are not supported by some chipsets that are used inside peripherals.

    What is your external device and do you know what interface chip it uses?

    Regards

    John O'Connor