[PARPORT] Status Lines and 1284

From: Frank Woods (Frank_Woods@datamaxcorp.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 08:15:07 EST

    Greetings,

    I have a question on the use of the status lines for the parallel port from
    the perspective of the device (a printer in this case) and how the use of
    these lines affect the negotiation of the various modes within 1284. I've
    looked through the spec and it isn't apparent to me how these lines are used
    to indicate the various states of the device and also negotiate the
    different modes of 1284. Some of these lines are used in the negotiation
    process. If anyone can point me in the direction of where to find thiis
    information I would really appreciate it.

    Thanks,
    Frank Woods