[PARPORT] HP 7200e: Inapropriate ioctl for device

From: RNBopp6768@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 17:20:43 EST

    Hello everybody,
    HAving had enough of trouble with W... I try Linux. It feels good, but I have a little problem with my CD-writer HP 7200e.
    I did all the steps I found in the different documents and when I check with dmesg, I see this:
    pg: pg verion 1.02, major 97
    pg0:epat 1.01, shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 5 (EPP-32), DELAY 1
    pg0: HP CD-writer+ 7200 ,slave
    This seems to be quite ok.
    But when I make cdrecord -scanbus, I get this:
    scsibus0:
    cdrecord: Inappropriate ioctl for device. Cannot send scsi cmd via ioctl
    I beg your pardon if I forgot some important information and would be very happy if somebody could help me,
    Rainer