Re: [PARPORT] Configuring Backpack IDE drive on RedHat v6.2

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 17:44:54 EDT

    On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 04:50:06PM -0400, Lars Nordin wrote:

    > Microsolutions Series 6 Backpack hard drive; last 2 digits of S/N are "38"

    The series 5 backpack devices are different to the series 6 ones; for
    the former, the bpck module is what you want, but for the latter you
    need bpck6. The Micro-Solutions driver in the 2.4.x tree should do
    the trick.

    I haven't investigated what happens if you just take the bpck6.c and
    ppc6lnx.c files and try compiling them in a 2.2.x tree; perhaps it
    works.