[PARPORT] Printing on Canon LBP-2030 and LBP-740

From: E.John Joseph (j-john@scc.u-tokai.ac.jp)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 21:31:09 EDT

    Dear friends,

    I am John, a new user of Linux RedHat. Recently I got
    a new computer and I successfully installed RedHat7.0.

    Though I could install many other softwares, I am
    unable to connect to a printer. After configuring
    with the help of printtool, I tried the following
    command. The error message got is also attached.
    Somehow I am unable to solve the problem. Could
    you please help me to solve the problem.

    [root@johnLinux /root]# lpr -Pdp .bash_profile
    Status Information:
    sending job 'root@johnlinux+627' to dp@localhost
    connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1
    connected to 'localhost'
    requesting printer dp@localhost
    job 'root@johnlinux+627' transfer to dp@localhost failed
    error 'NONZERO RFC1179 ERROR CODE FROM SERVER' with ack 'ACK_FAIL'
    sending str '^Bdp' to dp@localhost
    error msg: 'dp: no spool queue'
    [root@johnlinux /root]#

    I am trying to connect 2 printers. Details of the
    printers are as follows:

    Canon Laser Shot LBP-2030
    Canon Laser Shot LBP-740

    Thanks in advance