[PARPORT] Printing Speed

From: falloe@rpi.edu
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 08:20:55 EDT

    Hello,

    I am currently using an Epson Stylus 980 printer connected through my USB.
    This printer is VERY fast when used in Windows but it is painstakenly slow
    when I print anything through Linux. I can literally make a pot of coffee
    before 1 page finishes! I have RedHat 7.1

    Is this the norm with printers in Linux? Would I gain speed if I attached
    the printer via a parallel port instead of the USB?

    Any information you may have about this would be helpful.

    Thanks,
    -eric