Re: [PARPORT] Can parport be accessed without a device driver ?

From: Uwe Bonnes (bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 10:10:09 EDT

    >>>>> "David" == David Lyon <djlyon@hotmail.com> writes:

        David> Sounds promising Uwe.

        David> Where would I find the ppdev device? I'm running Mandrake 7.1 but
        David> I can't see a /dev/ppdev device.

    Recent kernels have a ppdev module. However you can configure your kernel
    _not_ to compile the module. I don't know about Mandrake.
    ppdev works with /dev/parportX.

    Bye

    Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------