Re: [PARPORT] Can parport be accessed without a device driver ?

From: John P. O'Connor (joconnor@orga.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 10:19:52 EDT

    David Lyon wrote:

    > Sounds promising Uwe.
    >
    > Where would I find the ppdev device? I'm running Mandrake 7.1 but I can't
    > see a /dev/ppdev device.

    Which kernel version are you using?

    It may well not be compiled in to the Mandrake kernel build.

    It is really a 2.4 feature with a backport into the 2.2 kernels and as such may not be in your system.

    > Any further hints for where to look next would be appreciated.

    Hace a look at http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/parport/ which is a very good description of all things to do with this subject.

    John