Re: [PARPORT] Problem with 2 paralell ports

From: Diego Muñoz Pérez \(Trevenque Sistemas de Información S.L.\) (munoz@trevenque.es)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 19:59:44 EDT

    Hi Tim,

    Firstable, thanks so much for your response.

    I saw on /proc/interrupts that IRQ 12 was assigned to PS/2 port. So I moved
    the LPT2 to another PCI bank. It took the IRQ 10 and I could start
    suscesfully the parport_pc and the lp modules but It didn't print. I didn't
    have any error message.

    So, as you said to me, that chipset do not work with Linux. I bought an ISA
    card and it worked perfectly. But ... I need a PCI card. I bought another
    PCI card with VSCom chip. No way :(

    At this point, could you recommend me an PCI chipset that works without
    problems under Linux RH?

    Thanks so much.

    Sincerly yours

    Diego Muñoz Pérez