Re: [PARPORT] Problem with 2 paralell ports

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 04:09:09 EDT

    On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 09:44:46AM -0500, Diego Muñoz Pérez (Trevenque Sistemas de Información S.L.) wrote:

    > I found I was doing something wrong but I can't make it work. I
    > didn't execute very well the load of parport_pc module but it doesn't work
    > yet. The good stuff should be:
    >
    > # insmod parport
    > # insmod parport_pc io=0x278,0xc400 irq=7,12

    This is a NetMos card that you have, if I remember (or at least, the
    chip is a NetMos one). Unfortunately, the support we currently have
    for them is bad, and causes problems for quite a few people.

    Could you try

    # insmod parport_pc io=0x278,0xc400 io_hi=0,0 irq=7,none

    to see if that makes a difference? (Very possibly not, but it's worth
    a try..)

    I don't know what is using IRQ 12; take a look at /proc/interrupts to
    find out.