[PARPORT] freecom power cd

From: nick nuyts (nick.nuyts@pandora.be)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 16:18:56 EST

    can someone help me, I have a freecom power cd where I installed redhat 7.1 with, the instalation program detected the cdrom perfect, but now, 2 days later, I can't get thecdrom detected, I even tried with the instalation disks of 7.1, but when it is searching for the drive, the led on the driver blinks a few times, but the drive doesn't get detected...
    What am I doing wrong?
    I tried also in linux with:
    insmod cdrom
    insmod parport
    insmod paride
    insmod frpw
    insmod pcd,
     but with this last one, I got: autoprobing failed
    drive not found
    init_drive: permission denied

    what is this problem and how can I fix it, thanx in front....

    I want to upgrade the kernel for my pcmcia network card, but can't do this without this drive, so updating is hard...
    I have kernel 2.4.2-2
     thanx for the tips