Re: [PARPORT] General user mode access to parallel port

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 13:26:45 EST

    On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 12:44:56PM -0500, Robert Heller wrote:

    > Is there something like ppdev or libieee1284 for 2.2.x kernels? I've
    > only just upgraded my machine to RH 6.2 and for a whole pile of reasons
    > don't want to upgrade further at this time.

    Well, libieee1284 will work with or without ppdev, to some extent.
    Advanced modes like ECP aren't implemented in libieee1284 yet but they
    will be soon.

    The ppdev module is available as a patch to Linux 2.2.x as well,
    although it is less tested than the 2.4.x code. Take a look at
    <http://cyberelk.net/tim/parport> for a pointer to the patch.