Re: [PARPORT] unused data pins on parport

From: Tom Perkins (tomp@trperkins.2y.net)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 18:18:03 EST

    Don't think there's an easy answer for you. As you known this is all
    based on 5v TTL. Your answer is likely to be chipset specific. Maybe
    SIIG will tell you something. If your real lucky you may find a
    datasheet for the IC on the board.

    The Intel 8255 (big, old, and out of production today) is what IBM used
    first so if you grap the data sheet from intel for that part it may give
    you some help. I've noticed the newer boards offer some protection
    logic for over current (it looks like anyway).

    Regards,
    Tom