[PARPORT] unused data pins on parport

From: daniel sheltraw (l5gibson@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 16:43:56 EST

    Hello Parport list

    If this question is not appropriate for this list would someone
    please tell where to get such help.

    I have a home built device connected to my SIIG ISA parallel port.
    The device uses pin 10 for a hardware interrupt and pins 2-5 for
    data input as well as the ground pins 18-25. Should the unused data port
    pins 6-9 be tied high?

    I have burnt two SIIG ISA cards with my circuit but the device
    works fine on a pcmcia Quatech parallel port.

    Thanks again,
    Daniel