Re: [PARPORT] Compaq 7400 PARIDE problem

From: Al Crowley (alc@micro-solutions.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 11:41:52 EST

    Robert,

    What is the serial number on the bottom of your Backpack hard drive?
    Also, do you see "Series 6 Driver" located on the bottom?

    Try the following from a command prompt:

    modprobe bpck (bpck6 if "series 6 driver")
    modprobe pd

    What happens?

    Does this Backpack work elsewhere? Have you changed either the hard
    drive mechanism inside the Backpack or reformatted the hard from
    its factory format?

    Sincerely,
    Al Crowley, Technical Support Assistant Manager
    MicroSolutions, Inc.
    http://www.micro-solutions.com

    (alc@micro-solutions.com)

    At 01:08 PM 1/5/2002 -0600, Robert W. Yarbrough wrote:
    >I have just loaded RedHat 7.2 on a compaq 7400. I followed the instructions
    >found at gear.torque.net/parport and also in some other areas. I loaded up
    >parport, (insmod parport) no messages. I load paride, (insmod paride) no
    >messages, I load bpck, (insmod bpck) no messages. I try to load PD for my
    >Backpack Harddrive (insmod pd) and I get an error message pd.o:
    init_module: