[PARPORT] Difficulty installing ppdev module

From: Mazzella.Aldo@epamail.epa.gov
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 17:53:30 EST

    I am trying to get parallel port access for VMwareWorkstation 3.0 on a
    linux host, kernel 2.4.4
    ( SuSe 7.2 professional ). The installation of the ppdev module is
    required. The ppdev module does not show up
    under " lsmod ". If the ppdev module is installed, should it show
    up there?

    I tried loading ppdev with "modprob ppdev io=0x0378 irq=7" and
    various other combinations of "io" and "q" values and get the message
    :
    " /lib/modules/2.4.4-4GB/kernel/drivers/char/ppdev.o: invalid
    parameter parm_io "
    How do I find the valid io parameter?
    Where can I find any information or write up on the ppdev module?
    Any help or comments appreciated.