[PARPORT] EPP timeout problem

From: Max Vorobiev (pcwizard@telecom.sins.ru)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 14:03:21 EST

    Good day.

    I have system at Asus P3B-F motherboard with P3-450 CPU. My problem is the next:
    BIOS has several modes to operate parallel port: SPP, EPP, ECP and EPP+ECP.
    The last mode - port can be used in EPP _or_ ECP mode (select by software). Then I set
    EPP+ECP mode and use parport module in EPP modes (epp_read/epp_write and so on) all works fine. But then I set EPP only mode, _all_ calls to "epp_ " functions fails, due timeout. (Setted timeout bit of status register). That can be done to fix it?