[PARPORT] Module compiling problems

From: Anish Issac Jacob (aizak@crec.ker.nic.in)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 05:24:07 EST

    hi all,
    I tried writing a parallel port module to receive and send some data the
    compilation was without any errors or warnings but when the module was
    inserted into the kernel , the following errors occurred.

    sharc.o: unresolved symbol parport_register_device_Rf274b881
    sharc.o: unresolved symbol parport_claim_or_block_R220e231c
    sharc.o: unresolved symbol parport_register_driver_R3ab72b0d
    sharc.o: unresolved symbol parport_unregister_driver_Rf1c68da3
    sharc.o: unresolved symbol parport_unregister_device_Rb0814cd3
    sharc.o: unresolved symbol parport_release_Rf8ec22de

    sharc.o is my module and i have included linux/parport.h , ofcourse the
    compilation was error free.

    Thanks in advance

    regards
     aizak

    ---
    Alt. E-mail:toaizak@yahoo.com
    ---

    When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it. -- Clarence Darrow