[PARPORT] HP 5100C and Mandrake 8.2

From: Stefano Barazza (ebarazza@libero.it)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 12:58:34 EDT

    Hi,
        I've just installed the new Mandrake 8.2 and I've tried to make my
    HP 5100C work by installing the patch for kernel 2.2.16 and by making
    the modules. However, the "make modules" command returns me an error (it
    stops while working in the folder "Atm") and I can't make the modules.
    Due to the fact that Mandrake doesn't include these modules in its
    distro, that I can't make them and that the patch is meant for another
    kernel version, I don't really know what to do (and I've tried
    everything, including modifying a ppscsi.o included in Suse 6.3 to fit
    my kernel version -2.4.18-).
    So, have you got any idea to help me ? Thank you,
    .

    Stefano Barazza