[PARPORT] SuperIO Support

From: Chris Shaw (chriss@watertech.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 19:23:57 EST

    I was just wondering which SuperIO Chipsets the current parport code
    supports. I have a GigaByte board which uses an ITE IT8705F SuperIO.
    When I load parport_pc, everything seems fine, the IO/IRQ/DMA and
    settings are detected but no data will come through the port. When I do a:

    # cat /dev/lp0 (After loading lp.o of course :) )

    I get:

    lp0: Input/Output Error...

    I'm not sure how to correct this, I have tried putting it in all modes
    (Polling/Interrupt/Software) but nothing seems to work...

                                -Chris