[PARPORT] 2.7 MHz TTL Input (2.7 megabytes/sec) With PCI Parallel Port?

From: Keith Winstein (parport@meta.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 19:48:40 EST

    Greetings all,

    I'm interested in capturing a 2.7 MHz 8-channel TTL input. Can an IEEE 1284
    PCI parallel port (from Siig or Lava, for instance) be expected to
    do this under the Linux parport drivers? The total bitrate will be 2.7*8
    = 22 megabits per second = 2.7 megabytes per second.

    FYI, the idea here is to try to get a raw MPEG-2 transport stream
    from ATSC HDTV video into a PC. (Since I am not aware of any 8VSB
    demodulators directly supported under Linux.)

    Thanks,
    Keith Winstein
    keithw@mit.edu