[PARPORT] HP CD-R+ 7200e, trouble with bad writes and lockups

From: Paul Kopacz (pkopacz@uoguelph.ca)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 19:38:25 EST

    I am using the pg/epat combo to access this parallel port interface
    cd-r, and had the following problems:

    Using the EPP mode for the parallel port causes the OS to hang
    completely when pg is loaded. The drive starts up and does it's little
    init dance, but the system is frozen. After a while, the CPU fan turns
    on, so perhaps something is processing, but the lockup seems permanent.

    Not using the EPP mode (using bi-directional) allows the pg driver to
    load, but when I tried writing an iso, I made a coaster, even though I
    went at 1x speed (you can see a couple of gaps on the cd).

    I'm using RedHat 7.3 on an NEC Versa LX, P II 366.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Paul