RE: [PARPORT] HP CD-R+ 7200e, trouble with bad writes and lockups

From: Paul Kopacz (pkopacz@uoguelph.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 10:58:00 EST

    On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 04:27, Miguel Moura wrote:
    > I have the same "HP CD-R+ 7200e", i have Redhat Linux 8.0.., and i am
    > thinking on using my recorder as a backup.
    > We need to load
    >
    > pg ??
    > epat ??
    >
    > and what about burning software ??
    >
    > Any help will be apreciated. ;-))
    >
    > Miguel

    Well, I've managed to successfully burn a music (cdda) cd by manually
    typing in a toc-file and using cdrdao from the commandline. I'm getting
    the feeling that most of the error messages I'm getting when I try using
    GUI burning apps is because they are passing the wrong parameters to the
    commandline tools.

    Anyway, you need to load paride, epat, and pg, in that order. As far as
    burning software, I've tried KOnCD and XCDRoast for burning a cdda (both
    gave me errors, that's why I used CLI cdrdao), KOnCD let me burn an ISO
    but it had gaps in it and was useless. I will experiment with another
    ISO soon and let you know. When I have time I'm going to try hacking at
    KOnCD and see if I can get it to pass the right options and work with
    the 7200.

    Paul