RE: [PARPORT] Reading from pin - help.

From: MERRETT, David (david.merrett@baesystems.com)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 17:47:27 EST

    As a Hardware engineer, I can see where Pawel is coming from.
    Its frustrating whenever one wants to do something unconventional with PC
    hardware ports.
    It is possible that you'll have to write your own low level driver,
    especially if you dont have any clock or ack signals.

    Two ideas worth investigating are:
    1. Is it easier to read data through CTS line of the serial port?
    2. Get onto the DALLAS web sites and other hobbyist sites to find examples
    of code.
    (see previous mails)
    Good lUck!
    D.