Re: [PARPORT] Imation LS-120

From: Stephen Mollett (molletts@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 06:34:12 EST

    On Tuesday 31 Dec 2002 22:39, M Aguilar wrote:
    > It has a superdisk in it, and the real problem appears when i try to
    > read or write anything, system almost suspended while using the device.

    This is more or less par for the course with parallel-port devices in my
    experience. You could try using a pre-emptive kernel
    ( http://www.tech9.net/rml/linux/ ) - I found this helped a little with my
    SyQuest drive (also EPAT-based).

    > One more thing, when i try to set a dma in the parport_pc module, it
    > ignores it and cat /proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/dma gives me -1.

    As far as I'm aware, DMA is only available with ECP devices, so you can't set
    one when the port is in EPP mode. Changing to ECP mode won't help, though,
    because the EPAT chip doesn't support it, so you'll just get slow PS/2 mode
    or something.

    Stephen