[PARPORT] pcd not being mounted when cupsd is running

From: marcelo.c.pinto (marcelo.c.pinto@bol.com.br)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 12:48:08 EST

    Hi,

    I'm running Slackware 9.0, and I have a Backpack
    parallel-port CD-RW driver. I also have an HP
    DeskJet610C attached to the Backpack's pass-trough port.

    The issue is: when cupsd is running, I am not able to
    mount the cd-rw (/dev/pcd0).
    The "mount /mnt/cdrom /dev/pcd0" command simply hangs
    and no mountig is performed.

    If cupsd is not running, mounting goes OK. If, after
    mounting /dev/pcd0, I start cupsd, I am able to access
    the CD, but at a very low transfer rate. If I stop
    cupsd, the transfer rate returns to normal levels.

    For any of the situations above, printing performance
    doesn't seem to be impacted.

    My parallel port is in EPP mode (I guess it's the best
    mode for pcd, since I achieve higher transfer rates). My
    rc.modules file contains:

    modprobe parport
    modprobe parport_pc
    modprobe paride
    modprobe bpck6 # for my pcd's model
    modprobe pcd
    modprobe pg # For being able to record CD's

    The cause for that seems to be some conflict in the
    access to parallel port. Hopefully this is a driver
    config issue, and I hope someone has already faced the
    same problem.

    Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!