Re: [PARPORT] Avatar Shark and missing superblocks under RedHat...

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:25:56 -0500 (EST)

> Today when I tried to mount it, I got the 'bad superblock' message.
> I had to fsck -b .... the disk to recover the contents. ARGH!!
>
> Does anyone know what would cause such a thing to happen? I always
> unmount the disk before removing it from the Shark drive... I'm using
> the ep.c module from torque.net.

This is just an acknowledgement that I've seen your report. The driver
should not allow you to remove the disk without unmounting it first,
anyway. Have you ever seen any ep: error messages in your kernel
log ? Were there any at the time of the bad superblock message ?

If you haven't seen any error mesasges, the odds are that the problem
is not with the drive or driver.

> I bought to extra disks with it at Future Shop...

You're in Guelph ? I haven't seen any Avatar drives or media here in
Toronto, I'll have to look the next time I stray into
"Extended Warranties 'R Us" ...

> (Needless to say I won't be shopping at Futile Shop ever again...)

A good policy, that I seem to find myself ignoring more often than
I should :-(