Re: [PARPORT] Re: problems with parallel port IRQ detection

Philip Blundell (Philip.Blundell@pobox.com)
Sun, 01 Feb 1998 12:39:50 +0000

>There are "hard-wired" (actually jumpered) chipsets which do not report
>the IRQ by the config registers. The only way to reliably detect the IRQ
>is to perform data transfer and wait for the IRQ to arrive.

Right. Then the broken calculation should be taken out - even having no
auto-irq at all and forcing people to use `irq=..' is better than a broken
system.

>PS: I am not responsible for that formula....

Sorry. I haven't managed to keep track of exactly who wrote which bit. I
guess Jose must have been the guilty party then.

p.