Re: [PARPORT] Can Backup PD/CD Drive use bpcd driver?

Tom Good (tomg@nrnet.org)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 10:35:43 -0500 (EST)

Grant & Kevin -
I run slackware 3.1 (2.0.27) on a gateway handbook486 with
4M RAM and a 120M hdd. I run the base system, char apps,
c compiler and networking stuff (uucp, ppp and sendmaiil).

And I have more than 50% hdd space *available*.

Debian, like RedHat, is a bad idea if you want to conserve space.
Slackware's hdsetup suite allows more control over what gets
installed.

And yes, I installed off of my backpack (a sony cdu-77).

For more info, message me.

Tom

                              ----
  Thomas Good, Unix System Administrator tomg@q8.nrnet.org
                                            smartant@panix.com

  St. Vincent's North Richmond Community Mental Health Center
                      Residential Services
  Quarters 8, 75 Vanderbilt Ave. phone: 718-354-5055
  Staten Island, NY 10304 fax: 718-354-5056