Re: [PARPORT] Parallel Port Harddrive

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:03:58 -0500 (EST)

> I have a 1.6 MB West dig hardrive connected via my LPT1. How can I get
> Linux to see this drive. I have read and looked for info on Shuttle H45
> technology and linux and am unable to find anything.

Have you visited the home page for this list ?

        http://www.torque.net/parport/

There you'll see

        - The H45 logo (they donated some hardware)
        - reference to Shuttle's EPAT and EPIA parallel port IDE adapters

What more information do you need ?

> Also is there a
> linux program available that will allow me to mount an LS120 SuperDrive
> in ver 2.0.30 Kernel.. I can get the LS120 drive to work in ver 2.0.33
> but I lose other things, Like my tape backup, iBCS, and other items..
> im new to Linux but it seems to me that 2.0.33 is buggy. Lots of Inode
> errors and other problems.

These are not parport related questions, you might find some help
in the comp.os.linux.* newsgroups. I'm certainly not aware of such
massive failure in the later 2.0 kernels.

You may be able to use the LS-120 by enabling IDE-SCSI emulation,
and accessing it as a SCSI disk.

I don't remember when IDE-SCSI emulation went into the kernel, but
it was somewhat earlier than the IDE-Floppy support of 2.0.32. (Both
were done by the same person, FWIW.)