[PARPORT] Scanner support

Riley Williams (rhw@bigfoot.com)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 09:29:42 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there.

*** Jani Frilander was heard to whisper ***

> Does anybody know if there is any projects going on with
> parallel port scanners? I'm a poor owner of such gadget,
> since I can't get it work in Linux.

Related to the above...

I've been looking into the idea of getting a Parallel port scanner
myself, and understand suchlike scanners use a protocol called
TWAIN to communicate with the computer. Given this:

 1. Does Linux 2.0.33 support TWAIN?

 2. If so, is it limited to particular scanners or more general?

 3. If limited, what scanners are supported?

Also, not completely unconnected with the above:

 4. Is there any decent image manipulation software for Linux or
    for X-Windows under Linux?

Best wishes from Riley.