Re: [PARPORT] Installing Linux through a paralel backpack

Grant R. Guenther (grant@torque.net)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 07:59:39 -0400 (EDT)

> Ja. You would have to read /usr/doc/faq/howto/Bootdisk-HOWTO.gz
> to get to know how to make a bootdisk. First, you should find a
> system properly running Linux. And then you can make a bootdisk
> on the system with your CD-ROM driver included in the root fs.
> (About root fs, please read the HOWTO then.) And you can try to
> boot with the disks you have made on the notebook and see if the
> CD-ROM is initiated properly.

But, a boot disk is not an installer. I have no direct knowledge of
Debian's installation paradigm, but it is likely that it will not
consider /dev/pcd* to be a cdrom device.