Re: [PARPORT] Parallel Port Scanners

Patrick Bauer (bauerp@niagara.com)
Wed, 6 May 1998 10:26:14 -0400 (EDT)

David:

I checked the back of the scanner... and their are definately two 25 pin
parallel ports... one to attach to thet parallel port on the computer...
and another to daisy chain to a printer... there is another port... a 15
pin port... which i'm not sure what is used for..

now... this is the informationn i got from the drivers and software
installed on Windows NT... if it helps any...

Device: Scanner 300A4 3.00
Type: SCSI Scanner
Host Adapter: IEEE 1284.3 Rev. 1.2
Position: HA:0, Tgt6, LUN:0

I am still trying to get a hold of Microtek... to confirm..

Pat.

On Wed, 6 May 1998, David Campbell wrote:

> I have poked around the Microtek, it appears that the parallel port cable
> looks VERY similar to the Belden parallel to SCSI convertor. The parallel
> to SCSI interface is actually in the cable itself. The thing that gives
> this away is that one end is a D-25, the other is a centronics 50 pin (aka
> SCSI-1 connector) with a D-25 for printer pass thru.
..
..
..