Re: [PARPORT] two comments (fwd)

Jonathan Baxter (Jon.Baxter@keating.anu.edu.au)
Sun, 17 May 1998 19:32:39 +1000 (EST)

> Strongly support those vendors that are Linux friendly, and write
> the ones that are not email, regular mail, faxes, whatever something to
> the effect of,
>
> "Neat idea,
> But i ain't interested, I am buying
> xxxxxxx because they support Linux and
> you do not."

At the risk of adding more noise, I have to confess that I
do not understand why more vendors don't support Linux.
After all, it must easily have the third-largest installed
base out of all operating systems (lumping all MS OS's as one)?

Jon
Jonathan Baxter
Research Fellow
Department of Systems Engineering
Research School of Information Science and Engineering
Australian National University
http://keating.anu.edu.au/~jon
Tel: +61 2 6279 8678
Fax: +61 2 6279 8688