Re: [PARPORT] SCSI Zips

Warren Early (earlyw@sphinx-group.com)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

I have a Microtek Parallell adapter (built around the On-Spec chip) that I
use for that purpose. I use a 50-pin female Centronix-to-DB25 male adapter
with it. It works great in DOS/Windows but I haven't yet tried to make it
work in Linux. I know that some work has been done on the On-Spec driver
but I don't know it's current state. You definitely want to check the
list to see if it's fuly supported yet. The adapter can be purchased
through Microtek directly for a pittance; just make sure that you tell
them it's for a scanner. ;-)