Re: [PARPORT] at boot... printer goes crazy

grant@torque.net
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:40:08 -0400 (EDT)

> There are four cases... in all these cases... parport_init,
> parport_pc, parport_ieee1284, parport_procfs and parport_share... are
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yesterday you said this was not there.

> all compiled into the kernel...

> 4) lp compiled as module
> paride, pd, epat --- compiled into the kernel
>
> In this case... the printer prints garbage on boot

Ok, so lp is out of the picture. Andrea can breathe more easily :-)

> Hope this answers all of your questions... for now...

But, we still don't know what happens if the PARIDE modules are compiled
in and *disabled*.

Please repeat 4), booting with pd.disable=1 and showing us the dmesg log.

> So... as u can see... the printer printing garbage on boot... seems to
> depend on whether paride, pd and epat... are compiled into the kernel..

We are getting closer, anyway.