Re: [PARPORT] Problem with SparQ drive (external parallel version)

grant@torque.net
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 07:00:20 -0400 (EDT)

> I can't get the 1.0 gb SparQ (ext. parallel version) to work under
> Linux. I don't know which parameter are needed for the driver to work.
> I use the pd and epat drivers.

You should not have to specify any parameters to get the SparQ to work.

> pd.drive0=0x378

Did you try booting without any parameters ?

You should check the CMOS settings of your parallel port - it should be
set to EPP mode, ideally, and ECP mode should be avoided at all cost.
Are you sure your port is at 0x378 ?

If this doesn't help, please rebuild with the PARIDE components as modules.
Then, load paride, epat and

        insmod pcd verbose=1

This will log the probing messages to your console (and the system log
files). You can retrieve those messages with the dmesg command. Please
let us see what the probe detected.