[PARPORT] parallel port mode issues

Simon Paradis (sparadis@globetrotter.net)
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:23:39 -0400

Hi,

Under WinNT 4.0 the SparQ drive copied a 10 meg file to my harddisk at
639 kilobytes/sec. The same file was copied at 104 kb/sec under Linux.

It seems the NT drivers set the port to EPP or something. How can this
be done in C ? I have nothing in my BIOS to set the port to EPP.

A little benchmark of my own reported speed of around 800 kb/sec by reading
a file directly into memory using big 512 kb blocks under NT with a 91 meg
test file.

Simon Paradis | Net Timer Pro developer
sparadis@globetrotter.net| http://ntp.home.ml.org
ICQ: 9915264 | "When all else fail, use a big hammer"