Re: [PARPORT] HP 7110e cd writing.

RHS Linux Abuser (djsmoke@earthlink.net)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:27:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 grant@torque.net wrote:

> You should begin by checking to see if you have a jumper or CMOS setting
> to put your parallel port into EPP mode. You might just manage to burn
> a CD in mode 1, but you will certainly need to force the port delay to 0
> before it will work. Read the comments at the beginning of pg.c to
> see how to set the port delay.
>
> If you can get into EPP mode, you'll be able to burn at 2x speed.
>
> Of course, you also need to get cdrecord 1.6 and the pg patch for it,
> before you'll be able to do anything. When you do start experimenting,
> make good use of the -dummy switch until you are sure that everything
> works.

> Grant R. Guenther grant@torque.net

ok, i downloaded the new cdrecord, and compiled with with the
scsi-linux-pg.c (it took quite a bit of makefile hacking to actually get
this to compile with no errors). I also set EPP support in my CMOS
(EPP1.9) and some things have changed and cdrecord wont recognize my
cd-rw.

here is the new output:
pg: pg version 1.01s, major 97
pg0: epat 1.01, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 5 (EPP-32), delay 0
pg0: HP CD-Writer+ 7100, slave

and when i try to do some -dummy tests, i get this....
scsidev: '0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
cdrecord: No such device. Cannot open '/dev/pg0'.

the command I use is:
cdrecord -dummy -eject speed=2 -data /home/djsmoke/test.iso dev=0,0

Thanks,
Chris