Re: [PARPORT] Debian 2.0 and paride disks: nogo?

grant@torque.net
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 14:59:17 -0400 (EDT)

> Has anyone tried and succeeding in booting Debian 2.0 install floppy and
> getting it to recognise the paride disk? I have a shuttle drive which
> works fine with an older kernel (2.0.32) but the 2.0.34 kernel doesn't
> seem to find anything. It does look for it according to dmesg.
>
> In 2.1.112, using fdisk and writing the partition table of the disk gives
> me a solid lockup.
>
> Guess I shuldn't throw my hacked root on eia mutant kernel floppy away yet.

There are several different, and apparently unrelated issues here. Please
separate them out, and give me clear reports with full dmesg logs :-)

I suggest that we start with the 2.1.112 problems. Make sure that you are
working at the console when you repeat the experiment, so you can tell
if the system is actually locking up, or if the driver is caught in an
error loop.